The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award!
Hey guys! Today is a special Sunday post! You’re probably asking why and the answer is that I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World blogger award! You might remember a while back when I was previously nominated for The Leibster and the Versatile Blogger Awards and I don’t think I’ll ever tire of getting a bit more recognition. It means a lot since it’s coming from you lovlies in the blogging community and who could ask for more than supportive peers like all of you! Elle from Simply Caramelle was nice enough to think of me when handing out her nominations and you can find her response to getting the award here.
Incase you were wondering here are the rules to the award!
1) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link them in your post.
2) Answer the ten questions you have been sent.
3) Come up with 10 questions of your own.
4) Spread the love and nominate up to 10 bloggers!
Ok! Now onto the questions. . .
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
An. Mainly other blogs and my desire to have a productive outlet for my creative pursuits. I also was (& I’m still) going through a very exciting time in my life and wanted to be able to share it. You can read more about the start of this blog here and more about me in general here and here.
2. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done in your life?
An. This might sound bad but I don’t think I’ve done anything particularly brave. I might be missing something but I think the obstacles that I’ve overcome are not unique to me. I’m also certain that they’re no more daunting to me than they are to the next person that has to deal with them. I’ve had some drawbacks (who hasn’t?) in my life but overall I’ve lived a pretty stable life.
3. What’s your favorite app?
An. My favorite app would have to be Instagram!
4. What’s your wardrobe staple?
An. My wardrobe staple are my green cowboy boots and in the summer a pair of sunnies!
5. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
An. I’m a night owl but I’ve been rising a lot earlier than normal lately so maybe older age is changing me. I’m 25 though so I’m not over the hill yet.
6. What do you do when you’re bored?
An. I haven’t really been bored lately which is a blessing! As I said it’s a pretty exciting time for me at the moment and any downtime that I do have is devoted to Violet Roots. Still, if I happen to be bored then I might write a poem or be artistic in some way.
7. If your blog name will be used to name a product (i.e. nail polish, lipstick, eyeshadow etc) which color or shade would you like it to be?
An. This is an easy one! Violet! I think I’d prefer it to be a nail polish but I could see it as a range of various purple hued hair chalks, sprays and dye too.
8. What’s the best DIY project you have done so far?
An. Ohh. Let’s see. I actually haven’t DIY’d in awhile but I recently received my pre-ordered copy of A Hot Glue Gun Mess by Mr.Kate! It features a bunch of funny stories from her life as well as an assortment of DIYs to go with each tale. I also got to meet her (you might remember from Instagram) which I’ll share later on the blog and you can be sure that I’ll be sharing all the DIYs I have planned from her book!
9. Which country/place do you wish to travel to?
An. All of them! Haha I talked about my wanderlust recently but I have so many places I’d like to visit. Croatia is top on the list at the moment! Next week it will probably be somewhere else.
10. What made you smile today?
An. This is going to sound cheesy but my guy, A. He just started his third year of residency and the rotation that he is in allows him more flexibility in his schedule. Being able to spend more time with him, have him wake up a bit later in the mornings, eat breakfast together during the week, and in general be home more this month is such a nice change of pace! Being in a relationship with a doctor during residency is not an easy feat but you take the small victories and today this is one of them! I’ll share more about that in a future post.
My Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award nominations. . .
My Sisterhood of the World Questions:
1. Do you have a music festival you’re dying to attend? Which one and Why?
2. Have you joined a Twitter chat yet? Which one is your fave?
3. Name 2 of your favorite Instagram Accounts!
4. Where do you buy your homeware?
5. What tip would you give to a someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
6. What are your favorite online retailers?
7. What has been the highlight of your week?
8. Name 1 goal for the month of July! It doesn’t have to be blog related.
9. Who is someone you couldn’t live without?
10. If money were no object what would you buy?
Looking forward to seeing your Sisterhood of the World responses! Make sure you let me know when you post them!